Hosted by Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2022 dates coming soon
The Transnational Partnerships School develops the leadership capability of senior managers involved in leading or advising on large-scale international strategic partnerships between universities and other partners.
Thematic Sessions on major trends in global higher education, particularly the apparent shift in the balance of power eastwards, and the implications of this for ‘partnership’ strategy and institutional academic and support service work practices at every level in universities
Considering the nature, scope and speed of change that is underway in relation to partnerships with East Asian universities; case studies of collaborative, strategic partnerships; examination of the determinants of success as well as overcoming barriers and obstacles
Exercising leadership & collaboration skills around case studies and communication skills to persuade and engage an institutional community to embark on a cross-cultural ‘change journey’.
- Geopolitical changes and trends, and their impact on global higher education
- The impact of cultural issues governing decision-making processes in relation to transnational partnerships
- Institutional brand positioning in relation to transnational partnerships
- Student engagement in transnational partnerships
- The management of risk in relation to transnational partnerships
- Managing cross-cultural quality and regulatory compliance in transnational partnerships
The School components are delivered through strategic conversations with highly experienced leaders and managers in higher education, practical casework and highly interactive team building sessions.
Throughout the week participants work with peers from other institutions appraising the strategy and the lived experiences of two case institutions, and providing advice on what their next steps should be to develop their partnership, including possible new directions.
The fee for the week-long programme will be €3,790 for HUMANE Members (€4,290 for non HUMANE Members). It includes fees for tuition, all documentation and accommodation in a hotel in Shanghai but excludes travel costs.