Driving professional excellence
HUMANE, the Heads of University Management & Administration Network in Europe is an international association whose aims are to build global networks, to foster innovation in higher education services and to drive professional excellence in higher education management. Uniquely, HUMANE supports both the professional development of current executive leaders within the HE sector as well as organisational development through the provision of programmes to promising senior staff.
Building global networks
Membership of HUMANE provides a cost-effective means to:
- expand your professional networks both locally and internationally,
- continually develop the skills and expertise that you need to succeed,
- stay up-to-date on key issues and trends,
- have the opportunity to work with HE leaders who have first-hand experience of the ever-changing challenges within HE.
Over the coming year, HUMANE is offering its members a wide range of networking and development events in various European locations and Hong Kong.
Who can join HUMANE?
Click here to read the details about HUMANE’s membership rules. But in summary, all Higher Education Institutions are eligible for HUMANE Membership provided they:
- are a sustainable institution, i.e., in receipt of direct public funding or have been in operation uninterruptedly for five years;
- conduct research, i.e., they award their own doctoral degrees, OR they have an inter-institutional agreement with a doctoral degree-granting institution, OR they participate actively in European/or equivalent quality research programs or peer-reviewed national research programs;
- deliver HE degree programmes meeting national quality assurance policies and standards in at least two of the three Bologna cycles (BA, MA, doctorate).
Is there a leaflet?
You can download the Join HUMANE leaflet here and browse our website to view the full range of HUMANE’s networking and professional development events.
Who is the member?
The institution is the member with one named contact, who is usually the head of administration or equivalent position.
How to join
How much is membership?
Membership is €450 per calendar year.
Institutions who send participants to either the Winter School, Summer School, Asia- Pacific School or Transnational Partnership School pay a €100 surcharge (regardless of the number of participants) to help fund the Residential School Alumni Network.