HUMANE is governed by two bodies, the Executive Committee and the Round Table. HUMANE also has two Vice-Chairs on the Executive Committee who are responsible for membership and the development of HUMANE activities:
THE ROUND TABLE
The original planned name for HUMANE was the European Round Table of senior administrators. We have retained this name, the Round Table for the General Assembly of HUMANE.
Each participating country has at least one place, with additional seats depending on the number of members in a given country:
- 8 members = 2 seats
- 24 members = 3 seats
- 40 members = 4 seats
The members of the Round Table are elected by national colleagues, for periods of 2 years. The Round Table has one annual meeting which takes place before the Annual Conference in June.
The Round Table Chair is Paul Greatrix (UK).
THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Executive Committee, the Board of HUMANE, is made up of nine seats, including the HUMANE Chair. Eight of these are taken by Round Table members representing constituencies based on geographical and cultural groupings of the member countries.
The Executive Committee meets 3 times per year.
The HUMANE Executive Committee is currently:
- Esa Hämäläïnen (FI) – Chair
- Susanne Wallmark (SE) – Vice -Chair for membership recruitment and retention
- Vice -Chair for evolution of HUMANE activities (to be announced)
- Ana Maduro (PT) – Portugal, Spain, Greece, Malta and Cyprus
- Currently vacant – Croatia, Romania and Slovenia
- Currently vacant – in case of questions contact Nicola Owen (UK) – Ireland and the UK
- Susanne Wallmark (SE) – Finland, Denmark, Iceland and Norway
- Marylène Meston de Ren (FR) – Belgium, France and Italy
- Marcin Dabrowski (PL) – Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia and Poland
- Calluna Euving (NL) – Austria, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands
- Currently vacant – Non EU/EER