HUMANE is governed by two bodies, the General Assembly and the Board of Directors.
Each country with members in HUMANE has at least one place on the General Assembly, as Sitting Member with the right to vote, and additional seats based on the numbers of members within any given country:
- A country with 8 to 23 members has the right to 2 seats
- A country with 24 to 39 members to 3 seats
- A country with 40 members to 4 seats
General Assembly (Sitting) Members are elected by colleagues within their country, for a three-year (renewable) term. The General Assembly holds its annual meeting in June, usually at the time of the annual conference, and its has one additional online meeting (in November/December).
The Chair of the General Assembly is Marianna Bom, Aalto University.
Board of Directors
The Board is made of a maximum of nine directors: the President and up to eight General Assembly (Sitting) Members who represent constituencies based on geographical country groupings.
The Board of Directors meets three times per year. It is currently made of:
- Paul Greatrix, University of Nottingham (HUMANE President)
- Marcin Dabrowski, Warsaw School of Economics
- Alex Pellacani, Universitat degli di Studi Trento
- Ulf Richter, Universität Siegen
- Caroline Söjberg, Uppsala University
To contact the General Assembly or the Board of Directors, please email the Secretariat