HUMANE 20th Anniversary Conference, June 9-10, Paris
Redefining university leadership in a volatile world
Hosted by the Collège de France and Paris Science et Lettres PSL
We are celebrating HUMANE’s 20th anniversary in Paris in June, 2017.
Consistent with the global higher education challenges themes of recent annual conferences, the Paris Anniversary Conference will focus on Crisis leadership in universities in a globalised world. The increased risk of violent incidents such as terrorist attacks, combined with the ubiquitous impact of social media and the 24-hour news cycle, mean that university leaders are often faced with existential crisis leadership challenges. Most crises cannot be predicted; but the institutional response can be controlled. Well led responses to crises in universities can have a lasting and positive impact on institutional culture and reputation. A poor response can saddle an institution with socio-cultural, political and economic problems for years to come.
The confence will be hosted by Collège de France in collaboration with the recently established university and research community Paris Science et Lettres PSL.
- Prof. Pierre Rosanvallon, the famous French intellectual and historian, and Named Professor at the Collège de France
- Prof. Baroness Alison Wolfe, Sir Roy Griffiths Professor of Public Sector Management, King’s College London
- Prof. Patrick Lagadec, international consultant in the field of crisis intelligence and leadership
- Dr. Cécile Wendling, Head of Foresight R&D at AXA and visiting researcher at Science Po
- Mr Stuart Bell, Chief Executive of Oxford Health Foundation Trust
- Ms Emily Hough, Editor in Chief of the Crisis Response Journal
- Ms Ann Fust, Executive Director, Swedish Research Council
- Prof. Edward Deverell, Assistant Professor at the Swedish National Defence College and research fellow at CRISMART.
Who Can Attend?
This HUMANE Seminar is open to all HEI professionals from institutions belonging to either HUMANE, EFMD or EUA.
The Conference Fee is € 650 . This includes catering within the Conference programme and any social events organised. The social programme will be announced shortly.
Accompanying people are charged at € 160, this includes lunches, dinners and the social programme but no admittance to the Conference sessions.
Upon registration you will receive a confirmation letter and invoice. Please wait until you receive the invoice before arranging the payment.
Accommodation and Practical Information
Will be sent to participants upon registration when it is available from the local host.
Provisional Seminar Schedule
Friday 9 June:
(08:30 - 10:00 Round Table meeting for members of the Round Table only)
10:00 - 12:30 first Conference session
12:30 - 14:00 lunch
14:00 - 17:30 second Conference session
19:30 HUMANE Gala Anniversary Dinner
Saturday 10 June
09:00 - 13:00 third Conference session
13:00 lunch followed by free time in Paris
18:00 Garden Party