The Executive Committee, the Board of HUMANE, is made up of eight seats, including the HUMANE Chairman. Seven of these are taken by Round Table members representing constituencies based on geographical and cultural groupings of the member countries.
The Executive Committee meets 3-4 times per year, usually linked to a Seminar or Annual Conference.
The HUMANE Executive Committee is currently:
- Esa Hämäläïnen (FI) - Chairman
- Cristina Moreira (PT) - Portugal, Spain, Greece, Malta and Cyprus
- Currently vacant - Croatia, Romania and Slovenia
- Ian Creagh (UK) - Ireland and the UK
- Susanne Wallmark (SE) - Finland, Denmark, Iceland and Norway
- Marylène Meston de Ren (FR) - Belgium, France and Italy
- Janis Stonis (LV) - Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia and Poland
- Jens Apitz (DE) - Austria, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands