Steering the future strategy of HUMANE
It is with great pleasure that we can announce that our colleague and longstanding member of HUMANE and its Executive Committee Ian Creagh from King’s College London, will be moving on from King’s in the late summer and offering us his consulting services from the Autumn of 2016. As a contracted consultant he will work with the HUMANE Chairman and other members to steer the implementation of HUMANE’s future strategy, as well as take care of our network management with the help of Tim Evans, our network administrator.
During the academic year 2016/17, Ian and the Executive Committee will be designing a set of new services and activities to serve you and your senior staff.
The full text of the HUMANE Chairman's Letter of May 2016 is available here.
14th Annual WSAN Seminar, 30 September to 1 October 2016
New Roles for University Support Professionals
Enabling viable innovation and excellence with university business models in transition
The Winter School Alumni Network (WSAN)'s Seminar for 2016 will be held at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam. It's open to all alumni of the HUMANE-EFMD Winter School, so please encourage all participants from your University to attend.
- Engage with expert speakers from higher education across Europe, including the chair of HUMANE, Esa Hämäläinen
- Discover how you can be a successful entrepreneur, strategist and networker, as part of a more agile professional support service
- Rekindle existing connections and forge new links with fellow WSAN alumni
- Deepdive into the local flavour of Rotterdam, mainport of knowledge and a vibrant maritime innovation ecosystem
HUMANE Seminar in London (UK), November 4-5, 2016
Affordability and Access in Higher Education: System-level and institutional responses in the early 21st century
Save the date!
More information coming soon.
EFMD (ESMU) - HUMANE European Winter School, Barcelona, March 19-24, 2017
Developing the Leadership Potential of the Senior University Managers
The aim of the Winter School is to develop the leadership potential of fast-rising senior university managers by making them fully aware of:
- The importance of integrating academic matters with finance, human resource and communication strategy in the elaboration of university strategy
- The meaning of strategic management in a European and global context
Applications for the 2017 Edition will open in August. The 2017 Leaflet is now available to download on the Winter School page.
Professional Development Series - a new HUMANE Activity
HUMANE has developed a new network activity, especially of interest for the younger, ambitious members of the university administration. The objective is to develop and implement a new HUMANE activity aiming at professionals in the university administration in an early career position: a training for the professionals with potential to grow in their careers and make promotion into management positions.
We will launch this new activity with two pilot modules. Details will be announced soon.
HUMANE: A driver for professional administration in European Universities
HUMANE is a network of professional excellence which:
- Provides rich opportunities for Heads of University Management and their staff to meet and exchange experiences, share good practice and facilitate innovation in Higher Education institutions.
- Supports Heads of Administration as leaders within their organizations.
- Disseminates knowledge and skills of high relevance for the administration of European Higher Education institutions.
- Enhances operational leadership, day-to-day management, and administration as a profession crucial to the success of Higher Education institutions.
- Reinforces the relationships between academic and administrative leadership in Higher Education institutions.
- Provides advice to and works with European agencies to influence the development of efficient management procedures
HUMANE, the Heads of University Management & Administration Network in Europe, was set up in 1997 with the aim of grouping all heads of university administration in Europe in a network, devoted to professional development by sharing best practices. HUMANE received encouragement and initial financial support from the European Commission. Now, HUMANE is a non profit association registered in Belgium with the Secretariat based in Brussels. HUMANE has some 170 members from 26 different European countries. For further information contact us at contact(at)humane.eu.
The HUMANE brochure, in which you will find the main activities of the organisation summarised and detailed information about membership. You can download the latest version here:Read more